Location: Worthing, South East England, England
GIS Analyst, Modelling and Forecasting projects.
From modelling flood risk along our rivers to developing new flood forecasting approaches, you’ll solve complex problems, overcome challenges and develop your technical skills within our world class flood risk service.
You will join our technical induction programme to learn how to develop, review, and assure models. You will develop your technical knowledge and experience along the way. This will also include participating in teams undertaking Modelling and Forecasting projects.
You will support the flood monitoring and forecasting activities of Worthing Centre and assure the data that we rely on to understand and improve our detailed models.
Experience/ skills required
Through experience to date you will ideally be able to demonstrate some of the following:
• An awareness and / or experience in river modelling and/or flood forecasting or a related field.
• You will be highly computer literate
• An awareness and preferably knowledge of GIS software packages
• You will be able to work under pressure and be skilled at making decisions and acting on them
• You will demonstrate skills in influencing and persuading people
• You will have an awareness of data management and standards and their role within your work
• You will have experience in prioritising work / projects and the ability to manage your own workload
Contact and additional information
Everyone starting in a new role with the Environment Agency will be welcomed into the team and given all of the training and support you need to succeed.
There are also many fully funded opportunities to develop further academic/professional qualifications.
The Environment Agency offer an extensive range of employee benefits.
For further information on this role, the employee benefits and the work of the Environment Agency, please download the candidate pack.
For any questions relating to this role, please contact: email@example.com or 02030257203.
Leave A Comment