The position sits within the Global GIS Centre of Excellence at Wood Mackenzie who are also responsible for the management of the companies GIS Platform, a centrally managed content library and sandbox environment. This is an exciting role where the candidate will develop their GIS skills across all sectors of the business.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly production processes are maintained and operate effectively for regional production datasets.
- Work as part of an Agile / Sprint workflow team to understand and implement agreed changes to the spatial database and Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) process.
- Develop scripts and queries which streamline workflows and manage data in ArcGIS using python, PLSQL and SQL.
- Maintain a variety of external data catalogues which are used within Research and Consulting.
- Maintain and update reporting tools.
- Responsible for updating and producing original maps, visualisations and GIS data for all regional offerings, working with the Senior GIS Analyst, ensuring requirements and deadlines are met.
- In collaboration with other team members , arrange day-to-day and forward work plans ensuring the efficient use and allocation of resources, meeting agreed SLAs.
- Building relationships with key stakeholders within regional research and consulting teams to understand resource requirements and provide GIS support.
- Identify and recommend GIS data quality and efficiency initiatives in region, which will achieve ROI and business benefits.
- Developing GIS expertise and recommending new ideas and applications.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will have knowledge of ESRI products, v10.1 and above ( ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Extensions, ArcGIS Portal, Modelbuilder and Python).
Experience of query languages such as SQL and the PL SQL extension will also be very helpful, along with a basic understanding of the programming language VB.NET.
Experience of working in a support environment , Web Mapping and publishing of GIS content via web services would be beneficial. Excellent cartographic, GIS and data visualisation skills are required. Ideally the candidate should possess a GIS degree and proven GIS experience. Experience of the Energy industry would also be an advantage, but not essential.
Courses related to the vacancy