Kier Strategic Highways are looking to recruit a Geographical Information Systems Technician to join the Highways Design Services business.
Location: Exeter, United Kingdom.
– To contact statutory undertakers and service companies for data relating to Kier Highways Contracts, digitise data onto ArcGIS and load data into the Corporate Kier GIS systems.
– Provide analysis and processing of data from all areas of the business and display outcomes in meaningful and understandable ways, such as on maps, graphs, charts and spreadsheets.
– Undertake Project work as directed by the GIS Team Manager and GIS & Data Systems Manager
* Apply for STATS information from a series of service companies relating to a predetermined area of highway network.
* Digitise all STATS data onto Kier GIS systems and export to BIM compliant CAD format.
* Ensure extremely high accuracy of all data that you are a custodian of.
* Assist in the GIS and data management and offer back-office support functions as required.
* Actively promote Health and Safety in the workplace, setting a good example to other employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance with general Health and Safety responsibilities as set out in the Health and Safety Management System.
* Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
* Assist in the advancement of GIS and supported solutions to the wider kier business.
* Capture location assets using various technologies and GPS tools
* Provide a dedicated GIS resource to a nominated area of the business
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* High level of IT competency, experience with all Microsoft Office packages and if possible the use of complex databases and spreadsheets.
* Experience using AutoCAD and / or ESRI ArcGIS Preferable (full training will be given)
* Independent and able to work unaided to rigorous timescales
* Knowledge of highway networks and associated assets
* Extremely high attention to detail
* Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as presentation skills
* The ability to translate requirements into working solutions
* Highly numerate and able to analyse data and statistics
* The ability to work well under pressure
* Must be motivated, reliable and have a pro-active, can-do attitude
* Full UK Driving Licence